2.06.2011

A Month Gone By...


Our first road trip out of London was up North into York, Preston, and Liverpool. Just a great five-hour bus ride. I loved it other than I have never in my life been so cold. It was FREEEEEZING! I can’t even explain. It was beautiful though and we saw some amazing sights. York was a small and awesome old medieval town. In Preston we went on a church tour and saw a bunch of sights like the preaching square where Orson Hyde and even President Hinckley taught. That was my absolute favorite place. In Liverpool we went to the Beatles museum. Ha I’ve never been a huge fan, but hearing about and seeing the history of their band made me appreciate them much more. They really made music what it is today.
I was surprised how nice it was to get home to the centre. We never knew that we could actually get homesick for our home away from home haha. Since then we have been to Canterbury and Dover, Cambridge, on a tour of Parliament, and had High Tea. All of these were such a great experience. I’d have to say that Cambridge might have been my favorite though. I enjoyed every minute of it. The college town is legit and the environment was SO much fun. We went punting (such a riot), visited a few of the colleges and had a bunch of FREE fudge samples. Agghhh it was delicious. Such a great day! Canterbury and Dover were awesome and so beautiful. Parliament tour was sweet other than my guide was a creep, got all up in my face, annnnd wouldn’t let us sit down ever haha. Tea was nasty but way fun. The scones and everything else with it was delish!
It truly is overwhelming with all that happens in a week and even a day here. We are constantly busy and doing something, but I LOVE it. Whether it’s school, museums, shopping, eating, traveling, sight seeing, whatever I genuinely love it all. I’m really learning to love this city. Okay so to wrap up the past five weeks, I’m going to throw out a few of my favorite stories.






No comments:

Post a Comment