2.15.2011

Chicken Tikka Masala

For Valentine's day we went to Swan Lake Ballet. This was after we watched most of the girls get flowers and packages in the mail from boys back home... haha. It was fun but to be honest a little long. Annie said it was like watching deja vu! Ha. Very true though. The dancing was amazing!


Today after class we all went to Southall. This is an indian-like cultured part of town. Sometimes known as "little India." Right as we got off the train, it legit smelled like indian food! Ha the whole place really had the indi vide goin. Loved it. We were required to visit a few specific places and the first place we went to was called Gurdwara. It was a temple like place with a huge gold dome on top of it. I really felt like I was in India haha. K so we walk inside and no joke you had to take off your shoes and put a scarf over your head. I'm very mature in these kind of situations so you can only imagine my reaction. We then walked into a huge prayer room like thing and sat down for a few minutes. What an experience. 


Please notice Annie's tassels on her scarf... I couldn't taker her seriously.


Too funny. Anyways then we walked around the streets and checked out a few shops. Don't judge me... but we went and got hennas. Hahaha. We had to! The lady doing mine was dying her hair-just incase you didn't notice the nastiness of it.


Our professors booked us reservations at Giftos to eat. It was my first real experience with Indian food... surprisingly I really liked it. Especially the Chicken Tikka Masala! Ha I wish you could hear the Indian people pronounce it... too good. They just kept bringing dishes out to us, we didn't know what to do because we really only liked three of them ha. But it was such a fun day and experience! London has ten times more diversity than I ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment