2.20.2011

Half way already?

So it's Sunday again.. which means another week down and another church adventure. We finally figured out the quickest way to get to there so we leave at nine now. It includes sprinting to the bus, but another forty five minutes of sleep is worth it! Sacrament meeting usually starts late anyways haha. Before it started one of the old ladies (Peggy) came up to me and asked who I was. I've only met her five times already. Then she asked if she could touch my hair, oh she's a funny one. 
I got to go to relief society today because they had enough people in primary. The lesson was on fasting. It was going pretty well and then the question was asked: "what are some ways you make your fast more meaningful and easy for you?" Haha. Priceless. One of the foreign ladies raised her hand and said, "I just eat as much as I can the night before so I am fully nourished for the next day." I may have to start doing this. Then all the sweet old ladies chimed in and started talking about how they can't fast because of their medications. Too funny. I love my ward.

Sundays are hard days over here. They are the days we all sit and talk about the things we miss from home. (Fam, friends, rio, gold fish, string cheese, our couches/red box, great harvest samples hahah, our cars, testosterone... you get the picture). But now we usually just come home and nap until dinner. We've got the system down. It's weird to think that it's basically countdown time. I'm stoked... but starting to realize how much I may miss it over here once I am back in the states.

This week is loaded with stuff. It's getting super busy.. just when I thought nothing more could be added to our schedule. I'm going to Belgium this weekend with Annie and Brenda. Can't wait! We are all stoked to have a Mom from the US to get over here. We are in desperate need haha. Miss you Mom :) It's going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment